Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

thrifty projects and gifts...

It's graduation gift season...
and as is the case every year, I have a hard time trying to decide what to give for gifts.
Because I'm on a tight budget, I always try to find something creative and inexpensive
and at the same time usable...
So this is what I came up with this year...
A little bit of this
 {most of which was already on hand}
A little cutting and gluing...
 more cutting and gluing...
Add a white board marker...
Simple, but usable gifts...
And since I had several frames sitting around the house that I've been waiting to use,
I decided to make two more for myself...
One for the kitchen to use for a calendar/memo board...
And one in the bathroom for quotes and notes...
 I've picked up both of the frames at Goodwill for a couple of dollars over the last year.  The paper backing was gift wrap- purchased a while ago at Target. And I bought white board markers at the Dollar store.  It's a cheap and easy way to pass a little encouragement to your family...
we've all been having a good time posting notes to each other.  
This morning I was greeted with 
"Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful" from my daughter.
Tomorrow she'll probably find something like 
"True beauty starts deep within your soul"...

1 comment:

  1. Best gift you came up with...look inexpensive and the same time usable.
    gift pakistan


    Hank Hendricks has been a student at the University of New Hampshire- Whittmore School of Business and Economics.
    At the university he was a very active participant in the student researcher group.

    ReplyDelete