Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

furnishing the house...


My family is moving in the next month, and it's come to my attention that we are in need of a few pieces of furniture to fill in some empty rooms.  As always, my budget is tight, so I'm on HIGH ALERT for bargains.  But not just bargains for the sake of bargains...a houseful of junk is not the goal. 
I'm looking for good stuff, cheap!  {But not what Ollies claims to offer}
So...just like LAST Saturday, I drug my daughter to a local household auction.  And, just like LAST Saturday, she complained.  So, I gave in and bought her an "Icy" and we made it through the day. 

In the end, it worked out to my advantage when we claimed ownership of a bed {w/mattresses included} for $40 for my son...



....and a side board for the dining room. 
With a coat of white paint I think she will be well worth the $8
I spent on her! 


I'm on the lookout for a set of couches for the tv room...I have doubts that I will find  good, cleans one at an auction, but I haven't given up the search just yet!  There are a few Thrift and Second-hand shops I'm planning to frequent at a steady pace.

Stay tuned, more bargains to come, I'm SURE of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment